This is a tongue in cheek video that I took in one of my labs showing why, for no other reason but fabric reduction, that CEE/DCE/FCoE is a valuable thing for ANY IT infrastructure.
A couple of things you’ll notice here are:
a.) it’s loud. Sorry about that…this lab is in a thermal chamber and it gets crazy loud.
b.) I’m running Qlogic 2562 HBAs (fibre channel) and Qlogic 5802V switching (more switches are coming)
c.) My GigE switches are, in a word, terrible (with the distinct difference being the Foundry/Brocade switching which is good).
d.) I copt a TERRIBLE NorthEastern accent…I don’t even know where it came from…
Anyhow, this Flip UltraHD recorder is pretty awesome…
Related articles by Zemanta
- QLogic gets into servers from IBM, HP, Dell, and SGI (insidehpc.com)
- QLogic gets another CNA kiss from IBM (theregister.co.uk)
- QLogic gets vendor quartet for quad data rate gear (theregister.co.uk)
- Setting the record straight on Emulex CNA’s long game (theregister.co.uk)
- Cisco preps Nexus switches for third-party blades (theregister.co.uk)
- Brocade bulks up DCX switch (theregister.co.uk)